Sunday, April 3, 2011

Experiences in development...

Over the years, I have had the fortune of meeting such a vast and diverse array of people...that I am often left bewildered at my privilege. After only reaching the opportunity for international exploration and adventure in my mid-twenties, I began to learn about the world, and initially, and possibly most importantly, more about myself, my weaknesses, my fears, my insecurities, but also my dreams, my hopes, my desires... I am still travelling internationally, but now take stock in who I've become and am not so overwhelmed by change, challenge, and adaptation, because of all those people I have met and learned from over the years! I have become eager to embrace all that I will continue to learn from others, anticipate and thrive in the humility of the everyday... Join me as I continue on my journey to meet those most amazing people around the world, who are not celebrities, nor billionaires, nor academics, nor worldly. They are the best sort of people: those you encounter everyday on the street, in a cafe or supermarket, riding the bus, walking their dog, goat, donkey, pulling a cart, pushing a plough, in your own backyard or across an ocean... of the over 6 billion people on the planet...the majority are nameless, but are in turn the heart and soul of making our planet an amazing place...

The lives of those young and old in Mexico and Chiapas begin our adventure...and although they work toward an identity that is unique, free and prosperous, they're struggle does not deny their open, welcoming and wise hearts...





No comments:

Post a Comment