Saturday, January 19, 2013

Canada

As the New Year evolves I am beginning to settle into my new surroundings, home and city, with a sense of caution as well as anticipation weaving through my tumbling emotions. The comfort of "knowing" my environment to the depth that I do is very satisfying after the challenges of the past 4.5 years abroad. But the readjustment is not as easy as some may think. I am no longer the wide-eyed adventurer I was in 2008. I'm wiser, humbler, quieter, and certainly more pensive than I could have imagined. I've moved on from the naive accumulator of experience, to a point were I now embracingly accept my most valued quote to describe existence "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates, 470BC - 399BC. Enjoy the Season.


No comments:

Post a Comment