Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ode to Football...

As the most impressive match of the year approaches, I am left to ponder on the joy and importance this world-captivating sport has impacted on many peoples lives. If one is a resident of the UK such as I was, and at all sport minded, it begs comprehension how one can not help but get caught up in the frenzied excitement of the lure to a pub, a subscription to SkySports, or the best place of all, a live football pitch where a match of undeniable excitement (or immense frustration) will entice, incite and impound the need for that breathtaking goal or that decisive defeat of your favourite or least favourite team. As I began 2011 in a pub, watching New Year's Day English Footie for approximately 6 hours with my best girl mate, I am left to anticipate this final weekend of the season... where it is not only my most beloved team vying to crush my most dreaded team, playing out in my favourite city on the planet, I think of my limited, albeit joyous moments attending football matches (or renowned stadiums) past... and the anticipation for those cheering, jeering and splattered-beer-everywhere-moments of the future...


From the thrill of the crowd....


...to the anticipation of a goal kick...
...to the extremes of pain (sorry for the copyright infringement here)...


...to the pride of being the best...



...to the buildings & monuments that have captured our hearts and minds...


... all resulting in final challenges at the place of dreams (Wembley)!!! May the best team win!!! GO BARCA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment